Stray dog rescues family from house fire in Big Stone Gap. A home off Silver Creek Road caught on fire Thursday morning. Charity Golloway and her two children lived at the home and were rescued by a stray dog, Butter, who was staying around their home. The fire started in Butter's dog shelter, which was less than five feet away from the house. An electric lamp apparently caught on fire. The dog noticed the fire and went to Golloway's bedroom window and started barking. Her son was able to use the garden hose to douse the flames and the home only received minor exterior damage, melted vinyl siding and a broken window. The Valley Volunteer Fire Department arrived shortly after, but the fire had already been put out. The VVFD posted a picture on Facebook with Butter, which is when the family found out that the dog has another name. A family saw the picture and recognized the dog as their family dog who ran away this summer, named Cooper. The dog will now be returning to his owners.
Comments are closed.